Pieces Symphonic for Concert Band by Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin (1821 – 1910)
- Movement 1: Allegro Moderato (0:00 – 3:58)
- Movement 2: Andante (4:00 – 7:26)
- Movement 3: Un poco Allegretto (7:28 – 9:44)
- Movement 4: Scherzo – Finale (9:46 – 12:46)
This arrangement for Wind Symphony / Concert Band is adapted from Weckerlin’s Piano Duet Suite No.1, called “Pièces Symphoniques”. This four movement work, published in 1879, uses the format of a traditional symphony, and is a great way to introduce symphonic works to your repertoire.
Starting out with a sprightly Allegro Movement, followed by a beautiful slow movement, a fun movement in
triple meter and an uplifting finale, this work will be enjoyed by your audience and players alike.
Duration: 12:46 Mins depending on the chosen tempos.
For an Intermediate – Advanced level ensemble.
- The score includes parts for the English Horn (Cor Anglais), Contrabassoon, Eb Clarinet, Eb Alto Clarinet and Bb Contrabass Clarinet as they add new colours and range to the sound of the band. However, the score is
definitely playable without these instruments, as the parts are doubled in tutti sections and cross-cued for solos with more common instrument parts.
- An optional piano part is provided for teaching purposes or can be use in a performance, if
you have insufficient players on some parts (e.g. Horns, Lower Brass) or you have a piano player in your group.
There are no enquiries yet.