10 Klezmer Duets for Violin and Cello
These Duets explore different styles and flavours of Jewish music, from the freylachs, horas and bulgars used for dancing at weddings and Bar Mitzvahs, to bittersweet songs and gentle lullabies. Click the Youtube link above to listen to excerpts of all ten duets performed on Clarinet.
Most of these duets are ideal for players of an Intermediate standard, with two or three more suitable for Advanced Intermediate.
10 Klezmer Duets for Violin and Cello are
- perfect for concert performances large and small; each piece lasts around three minutes.
- fully articulated to help develop that Klezmer style.
- great for helping with complex rhythms.
- road tested with scores of students and performed all over the world.
- fun to play.
- an exciting introduction to the world of Jewish music.
- 32 pages adding up to more than half an hour of quality music.
The ten titles are, 7.40pm, Ale Brider, Bublitschki, Hava Nagile, Kandel’s Hora, Mazel Tov, A Nacht in Gan Eden, Odessa Bulgar, Shlof Mein Kind and Silver Wedding, (Die Silberne Khasene).
Folk and World, Wedding
|Level of Difficulty|
There are no enquiries yet.