10 Latin Duets for Trumpet
10 Latin Duets is an exciting collection of original compositions by David McKeown, arranged as duets for two Trumpets.
Each piece explores a different style and flavour of Latin music, from the Rumbas, Salsas and Mambos of Cuba, to the Sambas and Bossas of Brazil, and on to the Calypsos and Merengues of the Caribbean. Mexico is represented by the Huapango, Venezuela and Colombia by the Joropo, and Argentina and Uruguay by the Tango.
Most of these duets are ideal for players of an Intermediate standard, with two or three more suitable for Advanced Intermediate. The YouTube link above shows samples of each of these pieces played on clarinet. You can also find full performances of each of these duets elsewhere on my YouTube channel.
10 Latin Duets for Trumpet are
- perfect for concert performances large and small; each piece lasts between two and a half and three minutes.
- fully articulated to help develop that Latin style.
- great for helping with complex rhythms.
- road tested with scores of students and performed all over the world.
- fun to play.
- an exciting introduction to the world of Latin American music.
- 54 pages adding up to half an hour of quality music.
The ten titles are, Bossa de Bastião, Calypso d’Isaac, Huapango de Hannah, Joropo de Justina, Mambo de Maya, Merengue de Merlin, Rumba de Ruth, Salsa de Shibby, Samba de Simão and Tango d’Elinora.
Folk and World
|Level of Difficulty|
There are no enquiries yet.